A CBS News report will air tonight discussing how aircraft mechanics feel pressured to overlook safety problems. The report says mechanics are being pressured by managers to focus only on the work assigned and to overlook areas that they may come across but not be specifically assigned to work on. Some mechanics spoke to the reporter anonymously for fear of losing their jobs. One was quoted by name but acknowledged he was risking losing his job by doing so. John Goglia, former NTSB Board Member, is interviewed in the exposé. He emphasizes that it is “unusual for so many mechanics to speak out publicly.” There were 26 mechanics from American Airlines ad Southwest airlines interviewed for the piece. Find the report here.
Its easy, instant and ALL FREE*. Aviation Maintenance Magazine is published in PRINT, DIGITAL (PDF) & MOBILE formats every two months but for 2017 ALL news/features will ALSO be published in full on the WEBSITE (avm-mag.com). There are 4 types of FREE* subscriptions, see below, and once registered you only need to LOGIN via the website using your registered email.
- DIGITAL ONLY - Website access and Includes the current and back copies as a DIGITAL PDFs
- PRINT ONLY - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST.
- PRINT & DIGITAL - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST, DIGITAL PDFs AND all WEBSITE news.
- MOBILE/TABLET - For Apple/IOS access goto www.avm-mag.com/IOS
* Subscription is FREE if you are located in the USA or UK/Europe. However for anyone located outside this region, choosing to receive the magazine in PRINT, then there will be a fixed total postage delivery charge of €90 to cover the 3 year subscription, which equates to €5 an issue (18 issues in total) and this will be charged when you complete your registration.
If you are experiencing any difficulties processing your subscription or want to renew an existing subscription please call Paula Calderon on +34 91 623 7969 or email her via email@example.com.