The FAA relaunched the program to encourage owners of fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft to equip with ADS-B Out avionics, which will be required in certain, controlled airspace beginning January 1, 2020, which is less than 14 months from now.
Aircraft owners need to follow five steps to receive the $500 rebate:
- Purchase the equipment and schedule its installation.
- Obtain a Rebate Reservation Code by reserving a position online.
- Have the equipment installed.
- Conduct the required equipment performance validation and get an Incentive Code.
- Claim the $500 rebate online using the Rebate Reservation Code and Incentive Code.
As with the earlier rebate program, the relaunched rebate program is available only to those who have not yet equipped their aircraft.
In addition to the ADS-B Rebate reservation portal, the FAA’s Equip ADS-B website lists FAA-certified ADS-B equipment and features an equipage database searchable by aircraft type and model.