Mission Wireless Intercom innovator Axnes announced today that they have partnered with San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), a premier organization in the US Energy sector that has identified safety as their top priority. They’ve recently entered a business relationship with Axnes to use the Axnes PNG Wireless ICS (WICS) extension system for their utility helicopter fleet. The AXNES WICS system will be used to improve communication, safety, and situational awareness for their crews during infrastructure service operations, such as Power Line servicing, maintenance, and repair. SDG&E is the first utility operator in the US energy infrastructure sector to adopt the AXNES WICS for their operations, demonstrating their focus on innovation, technology advancement, and their commitment to improving safety within their company and industry.
The Axnes WICS allows crew members/technicians to conduct robust communications and allows for continued handsfree voice activated-VOX communication, eliminating the constant need for hand and arm signals while maintaining real-time voice communications during critical operational situations. Additionally, the PNG system frees the crew from the encumbrance of wired connections to the ICS, minimizing the potential for snag hazards and allowing the ability to move freely within as well as outside the operating aircraft or platform. The PNG WICS system is designed for integration into any communications suite or to be deployed as a standalone mobile system. The system comes standard with AES256 encryption and provides robust, reliable, clear, and secure, full-duplex communications to crew members who are either wired or wireless. The PNG system incorporates unmatched noise cancelling capabilities, which makes it ideally suited for utility aviation roles. It also affords increased situational awareness for crew during ground checks, start-up, and maintenance activities.
The PNG system is a digital full mission wireless intercom solution with the following unique features:
• Robust range with advanced integration into aircraft radios, mission maps and intercom systems allowing for radio repeater and relay functionality
• Full GPS integration and position data of handsets uploaded to aircraft installed mapping systems, ensuring situational awareness of dismounted crew
• Industry leading audio quality through proprietary Noise Cancelling, Non-Interrupted VOX and Echo Cancelling technology
• UHF and VHF frequencies incorporated with a very robust range
• Secure communications with AES-256 encryption standard
• Multiple handset integration and configurations with the ability to switch between aircraft simply and easily during missions
• Advanced battery life with over 40 hours standby and over 10 hours of full operational/continuous use
• Fully waterproof MP50 handset capability with integration into advanced headset and helmet options, including all major aviation off the shelf helmet and headset brands
“Axnes is proud to be a trusted partner on wireless intercom technology for San Diego Gas & Electric,” said Brett Gardner, Vice President at Axnes Inc. “Our PNG system brings unprecedented situational awareness and safety to their air and ground crews, freeing them from having to be connected to intercom drop cords.” Our equipment is easy to operate and enables line-of-sight wireless communications increasing mission capability and operational safety for their challenging mission scenarios, particularly during field operations.”
The PNG WICS frees crew members from the encumbrance of wired connections to the intercom while minimizing the potential for ICS cord snag hazards. Additionally, this wireless solution provides for the ability to move freely within as well as outside the aircraft while maintaining real-time communications with the crew.
The PNG WICS system is designed for integration into any aircraft communications suite, or it can be deployed as a standalone portable system, providing robust, reliable, clear, and secure, full-duplex communications to crew members who are either wired or wireless.