Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings exterior systems are now qualified by international airplane manufacturer Pilatus Aircraft Ltd. With a wide variety of topcoat products and systems now approved to the Pilatus PMS0600-52-01 standard, Pilatus gains multiple options for how it can process exterior colors and design schemes on its aircraft.
Sherwin-Williams products that are now qualified for all Pilatus aircraft include:
• Chrome Hazard Free Quick Dry Epoxy Primer CM0483712
• Chrome Hazard Free Epoxy Primer/Surfacer CM0481968
• Jet Glo Express 840-Series Colors
• SKYscapes Next Generation Basecoat Solid Colors
• SKYscapes Next Generation Basecoat Mica Colors
• Acry Glo Conventional CM0571-Series Solid Colors
• Acry Glo Conventional CM0571-Series Metallic Colors
• SKYscapes Clearcoat CM0850180
“Working closely with Pilatus to meet its stringent processing and control standards, we are excited to provide exterior coating systems that will be an integral part of their high performing aircraft,” says Pete Willman, Sherwin-Williams global senior director for Aerospace Coatings. “Today’s aviation coatings specifiers and painters rely on Sherwin-Williams to provide quality coating systems and technical support throughout the global aviation marketplace.”
Sherwin-Williams makes exterior and interior coatings that deliver custom solutions for commercial, general aviation and military aircraft, including a full range of specialized livery color options for an outstanding, durable finish. Its products and systems undergo extensive testing to demonstrate they will deliver a lasting protective coating for any aircraft in a commercial fleet or private owner and have earned numerous AMS 3095 certification and aircraft OEM approvals.