Rockwell Collins has named Geater Machining and Manufacturing, of Independence, Iowa, as the President’s Award winner for 2016. The top honor was presented at the Rockwell Collins Annual Supplier Conference on March 1.
“Geater Machining has been a long-term, trusted supplier to Rockwell Collins and this award is the culmination of the hard work and dedication of its employees,” said Wayne Flory, vice president of Material & Supply, for Rockwell Collins.
Veteran-owned Geater Machining and Manufacturing, Co. has been servicing the aerospace, electronic and high-tech industries since 1962. The company’s high quality parts and outstanding on-time delivery have developed its reputation into one that is synonymous with trust, and setting high standards for precision machined and fabricated parts.
Rockwell Collins says their President’s Award is presented to the company’s top supplier at their annual event as an acknowledgement of its supplier’s outstanding performance and contributions over the past year in the areas of quality, delivery, total cost of ownership, lead time and customer service.
In addition to the President’s Award, Rockwell Collins also recognizes supplier excellence in the areas of heritage, relationships and innovation, which align with Rockwell Collins’ three brand pillars. These pillars are the foundation of the company’s brand promise, Building Trust Every Day. Recipients of this year’s Brand Pillar Awards include:
- Geater Machining and Manufacturing, also received the Innovation Brand Pillar Award for its efforts to continually move the aerospace and defense industry forward today. This award is presented to a supplier that supports and/or provides progressive solutions with rock-solid reliability that our customers expect from Rockwell Collins.
- Aero Simulation, Inc., of Tampa, Florida, was honored with the Relationships Brand Pillar Award for its commitment to working together to advance smart solutions for our rapidly changing world.
- The Heritage Brand Pillar Award was presented to Avnet, Inc., of Phoenix, Arizona, in recognition of its spirit of proven trust and reliability, paired with a track record of setting the standard for its peers and the industry.
Supplier of the Year Category Awards were presented to:
- Electrical Build to Print
Shennan Circuits Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Province, China
- Electronic Components
ON Semiconductor, Pocatello, Idaho
- Mechanical Build to Print
Geater Machining & Manufacturing, Independence, Iowa
- Human Machine Interface and Sensor
Quantum Coating, Inc., Moorestown, New Jersey
Timberline Manufacturing, Marion, Iowa
- Development and Engineering Services
Aero Simulation, Inc., Tampa, Florida
- Manufacturing and Product Support
Tevet, LLC., Greeneville, Tennessee
- Facilities Support Services
TEK Products, Long Lake, Minnesota
- Value-Add Supplier
Tesat Spacecom, Backnang, Germany
- Corporate/Employee Services
Allegis Global Solutions, Chicago, Illinois