Sherwin-Williams Aerospace has added a new clearcoat to its SKYscapes General Aviation (855 Series) product line: SKYscapes GA Clearcoat CM0855CC3.
The company says it will complement the existing SKYscapes clearcoats CM0850180 and CM0850CC1 and says the new clearcoat combines the same high gloss and durability the SKYscapes clears are known for with longer wet edge times, enabling the product to handle larger aircraft. The new clearcoat features an easy 3:1:2 mixing ratio, with excellent Distinctness of Image (DOI) and good buffing characteristics.
A special trait of the new SKYscapes GA CM0855CC3 clearcoat is that it can be sped up and/or slowed down to handle a wide variety of aircraft applications and sizes. This provides the paint shop with flexibility depending upon the type of particular aircraft, or changes or challenges in the atmospheric or shop area conditions in which they work.
SKYscapes GA CM0855CC3 clearcoat is designed to work over SKYscapes or SKYscapes GA clearcoat basecoat systems, but can also be used over Acry-Glo Conventional or High Solids metallic colors. Free of lead and chromate hazards, the clearcoat contains less than 3.5 lbs of VOC per mixed gallon.
SKYscapes GA Clearcoat Advantages:
- High gloss, extremely durable product
- Exhibits outstanding gloss and gloss retention upon weathering
- Good buffing characteristics
- Extends wet edge for a controlled application in hot environment or large areas
- Excellent Distinctness of Image (DOI)
- Contains less than 3.5 lbs. of VOC per mixed gallon
- Free of lead and chromate hazards