Last month the Office of the Inspector General’s Office released a report delving into incidents at the air carrier Allegiant Air—including a series of in-flight engine shutdowns, aborted takeoffs and unscheduled landings which raised concerns about its maintenance practices. The report is called, “FAA Needs To Improve Its Oversight To Address Maintenance Issues Impacting Safety at Allegiant Air” and the its objective was to assess FAA’s processes for investigating improper maintenance practices at Allegiant Air. Specifically, the report looked at FAA’s oversight of longstanding maintenance issues impacting safety at Allegiant Air and the process for ensuring Allegiant Air implemented effective corrective actions to address the root causes of maintenance problems. Aviation Maintenance Magazine spoke with safety expert Jeff Guzzetti, who has worked at NTSB, FAA and the Office of the Inspector General’s office to get his take on the report and what it means for FAA and Allegiant.
Its easy, instant and ALL FREE*. Aviation Maintenance Magazine is published in PRINT, DIGITAL (PDF) & MOBILE formats every two months but for 2017 ALL news/features will ALSO be published in full on the WEBSITE (avm-mag.com). There are 4 types of FREE* subscriptions, see below, and once registered you only need to LOGIN via the website using your registered email.
- DIGITAL ONLY - Website access and Includes the current and back copies as a DIGITAL PDFs
- PRINT ONLY - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST.
- PRINT & DIGITAL - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST, DIGITAL PDFs AND all WEBSITE news.
- MOBILE/TABLET - For Apple/IOS access goto www.avm-mag.com/IOS
* Subscription is FREE if you are located in the USA or UK/Europe. However for anyone located outside this region, choosing to receive the magazine in PRINT, then there will be a fixed total postage delivery charge of €90 to cover the 3 year subscription, which equates to €5 an issue (18 issues in total) and this will be charged when you complete your registration.
If you are experiencing any difficulties processing your subscription or want to renew an existing subscription please call Paula Calderon on +34 91 623 7969 or email her via email@example.com.