Continental has introduced an engine core amnesty program. This program guarantees full core credit value to customers buying a factory engine (factory new or rebuilt) between July 22 and August 31, 2019.
During this period, Continental will waive the standard exchange engine core requirements of being serviceable, assembled, and complete, offering full credit for returned cores, provided that:
- A firm, non-cancelable order for a factory new or factory rebuilt engine is received by Continental during the validity period of the offer.
- Orders must be marked for immediate delivery. Orders marked for future deliveries (as opposed to shipped immediately upon completion), will not qualify.
- Exchange engine cores must be returned with their original data plate, logbook, crankcase, crankshaft, propeller gears, turbos and turbo waste gates, starter adapters, and fuel pumps. Engines received missing any of these items may only receive up to 50% of core credit.
- To qualify for 100% of core credit, exchange engine cores must still be of the same model and configuration of the exchange factory engine delivered by Continental. Unlike-core orders may still qualify for this promotion, but additional fees may apply depending on the differences in core value
- This offer is valid for orders of Continental AvGas series (200, 360, 470, 520, and 550 series).
“We want to make sure that customers always receive the best value from Continental. This offer provides a chance to benefit not only from the full core value of an engine but also from all the benefits of a factory engine: a zero timed engine, with a full warranty covering owners up to two years or TBO, and the backing of Continental,” said Ernesto Rodriguez, director, After-Market Sales and Distribution, Continental.