The Federal Aviation Administration has grounded all Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. President Donald Trump said the U.S. was stopping domestic airlines and others from flying the aircraft in U. S. airspace as numerous other countries had already done. The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) says it supports the FAA’s decision to order a temporary grounding of all Boeing 737 Max aircraft that are operated by U. S. airlines or in U. S. airspace. This action includes both the Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9 models and comes shortly after Canada, also a late hold out, grounded them as well. FAA had resisted calls to ground the aircraft but faced intense pressure after 40 countries banned the aircraft from operating in their airspace. “New evidence collected at the site and analyzed today,” a statement by FAA said, gave them reason to exercise the ban. The new evidence, together with refined satellite data available to FAA Wednesday morning, led to the decision the agency said. Also impacting the decision is the news that at least two reports in the Aviation Safety Reporting System (commonly called NASA reports) called attention to the same or similar problems occurring in U. S. operated aircraft. Boeing has said they will upgrade their software and improve pilot training.
Its easy, instant and ALL FREE*. Aviation Maintenance Magazine is published in PRINT, DIGITAL (PDF) & MOBILE formats every two months but for 2017 ALL news/features will ALSO be published in full on the WEBSITE (avm-mag.com). There are 4 types of FREE* subscriptions, see below, and once registered you only need to LOGIN via the website using your registered email.
- DIGITAL ONLY - Website access and Includes the current and back copies as a DIGITAL PDFs
- PRINT ONLY - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST.
- PRINT & DIGITAL - PRINT copy in the MAIL/POST, DIGITAL PDFs AND all WEBSITE news.
- MOBILE/TABLET - For Apple/IOS access goto www.avm-mag.com/IOS
* Subscription is FREE if you are located in the USA or UK/Europe. However for anyone located outside this region, choosing to receive the magazine in PRINT, then there will be a fixed total postage delivery charge of €90 to cover the 3 year subscription, which equates to €5 an issue (18 issues in total) and this will be charged when you complete your registration.
If you are experiencing any difficulties processing your subscription or want to renew an existing subscription please call Paula Calderon on +34 91 623 7969 or email her via firstname.lastname@example.org.