Philadelphia, PA – May 5, 2015 – Today, SCA, the producer of the Tork brand of Away-from-Home professional hygiene products, announces the launch of a new extremely low-lint wiper for technical cleaning tasks involving sensitive surfaces. Designed to meet the needs of clients in lint and static electricity-sensitive industries such as electronics, aircraft manufacturing, printing, vehicle painting and food processing, the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth delivers extremely low-lint cleaning, certified anti-static properties, excellent solvent use and a high absorption capacity of oil and water.
“At SCA, many of our innovations come directly from customer experience feedback. When our customers who work with highly sensitive surfaces told us low-lint should be as close to no lint as possible, we got to work,” said Trevor Kelley, product manager for SCA’s Away from Home Professional Hygiene business in North America. “The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth answers this need, enabling professionals to easily achieve pristine results.”
Purpose-based design for a variety of industries
Offering softness, strength, absorbency and low-linting, the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth is designed to improve the process of cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting sensitive components, tools and surfaces across a range of industries:
• Electronics: Cleaning and polishing exterior casings and interior parts requires a strong and soft solution that leaves no residues. Suitable for use in an electrostatic protective area, this wiper will help prevent harmful static discharge.
• Aircraft manufacturing: Tested to Aerospace Material Specifications (AMS) 3819C, this cloth delivers the precise cleaning required for interlocking parts, as well as a polished look with no dye.
• Print Shops: In an environment where preparing of surfaces for print can make the difference between a perfect job and a reorder, this cloth’s absorbency and low-linting make the shop experience much smoother.
• Food processing: These facilities benefit from the clean “finishing touch” this wiper provides on equipment and countertops, as well as absorbency for working with water, solvents, sanitizers, and disinfectants.
• Vehicle Painting: When a “showroom look” is essential, vehicle painting companies can rely on the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth for exterior cleaning and polishing.
Tested and approved for professional excellence
The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth has been designed and tested to meet the low-lint standards of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the world’s largest automotive and aerospace standards setting body. Testing was conducted by the University of Dayton Research Institute. Additional testing performed by the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden shows that the cloth meets anti-static standards and is therefore suitable for Electrostatic Protective Area environments. Moreover, it is solvent suitable, performing well in chemical reaction testing with the American Standard Test Method ASTM D-543.
The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth is available in May 2015. To learn more or to sign up for a free trial, visit www.talktork.com.
The Tork brand offers professional hygiene products and services to customers ranging from restaurants and healthcare facilities to offices, schools and industries. Products include dispensers, paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, napkins, and industrial and kitchen wipers. Through expertise in hygiene, functional design and sustainability, Tork has become a market leader. Tork is a global brand of SCA, and a committed partner to customers in over 80 countries. To keep up with the latest Tork news and innovations, please visit: torkusa.com or tork.ca.
In North America, SCA produces the Tork line of dispensers, towels, tissue, soap, napkins and wipers used in commercial settings such as office buildings, restaurants, schools and healthcare facilities and the TENA® line of incontinence care products used by consumers at home and in healthcare facilities. TENA and Tork are the global leading brands in their categories. For more information visit www.sca.com/us.
Globally, SCA is a leading hygiene and forest products company. We develop and produce sustainable personal care, tissue and forest products. Sales are conducted in about 100 countries under many strong brands, including the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and many regional brands. As Europe’s largest private forest owner, we put great emphasis on sustainable forest management. SCA has about 44,000 employees. Sales in 2014 amounted to $15 billion. SCA was founded in 1929, has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm stock exchange. More information at www.sca.com.
SCA delivers sustainable solutions with added value for our customers from safe, resource efficient and environmentally sound sourcing, production and development. Recent third party accreditations for the SCA sustainability work include Dow Jones Sustainability Index 2013, the WWF Environmental Paper Company Index 2013, and Ethisphere – World’s Most Ethical Companies 2014.