Baltic Aviation Academy Starts Webinar Series for Pilot Beginners

Baltic Aviation Academy started to produce webinar series for pilots beginners. The series of live educational webinars intend to uncover the aspects of choosing an aircraft type, composing the training program, performing during the trainings, forecasting the demand for vacancies and entering the job market. Live webinars are presented by Baltic Aviation Academy personnel. The webinar is available for free viewing and can be accessed through the registration on Baltic Aviation Academy website. The first webinar, titled “European Aviation: Current Opportunities for Commercial Pilots,” presented the situation in aviation recruitment market. A minimum of ten webinars is planned in all. “Our flight training instructors have spent more than 200,000 hours piloting aircraft altogether. Based on a 52-week work year, during which you would work five days a week, eight hours a day, the experience would be more than a hundred years piloting the aircrafts in total. We want to share this collective knowledge with a great number of the market newcomers. The demand for commercial pilots is significantly growing and it is important to introduce the potential pilots to the credible data of the industry pros and cons,”  says Egle Vaitkeviciute, CEO at Baltic Aviation Academy.

The introductory webinar, held on July 28, 2011 overviewed the topics of European fleet structure and the potential employers. In addition to these topics, the recommendations of choosing the aircraft type and the European aviation market forecast for 2030 were provided.

According to Baltic Aviation Academy data analytics, the company gets around 3000 queries per year for individual pilot training. Only 20 percent of the pilots applying for commercial pilot studies are looking for one preferred type. The remaining 80 percent of the pilots who have graduated from the initial pilot training school and are wanting to move into a commercial aircraft cockpit, are undecided about the type of aircraft best for their career.

Regarding the Baltic Aviation Academy presentation, the most popular aircraft types in European airlines currently are A320, A330, A340, B737, B747, B757. Currently around 17 airlines in Europe are hiring. The latter companies operate A320, A330, B737, B747 and B777 types of aircraft mainly.  Many (35-40 percent) European airlines have a positive attitude towards the hiring and are expecting resumes.

The first presentation delivered through the webinar may be accessed at:


Leave a Reply